The DC/RTS Controller is designed to act as either a Dungeon Crawler or RTS System, meaning that the way the camera acts is in a bird’s eye, top down view. Such that in a Dungeon Crawler there is usually only one active controllable object, but in an RTS you usually have many controllable objects.
The present features of the camera allow you to move it around in various ways. Such as, with the W, A, S, and D keys you can move it’s location forward, left, backward or right. With the Q, and E keys the camera’s rotation will pivot around counter-clockwise or clockwise, zooming in and out with the mouse wheel is also supported. A toggle key: Space Bar by default has also been implemented to allow for activation of the camera to move toward a selected controllable object if it isn’t near it, as well as make the camera follow that object. Continue reading
Update v1.62 finally allows for non-stacking Control Objects when moving to a new position. It determines where to move based off the Adjacent Grid Squares, once the position has been chosen to move to. This update also implements deeper feature into the Observer Creation Method. Where the worker object first moves to the designated build position, and then begins the building of a new Grid Object that was chosen to build. A lot of other minors fixes and tweaks were also implemented to allow for smoother flow. I also added a preview feature when the GridGenerator is selected, when viewing it in the Unity3D scene view.
Let me know if you encounter any problems or bugs.
- Made the UpdatePositionToggle class it’s own File
- The GridGenerator now contains a preview feature when selected in scene view
- Added Function: CalculateParticularPath in PathFinder
- When accessing the path finder you can now simply just get the desired calculated path
- When in Observer Creation Mode
- Worker objects will now move to the location where building
- It now takes time to build a GridObject
- When in RTS Mode
- Control Objects will no longer stack ontop of each other when moving to a location
- The Control Objects will fill up the adjacent Grid Squares
- A lot of other minor code fixes